Thursday 25 October 2018

Getting things off my chest

Recently, I am feeling a mixed bag of emotions. Anger, Jealousy, Anxiety and Moody are some adjectives that have been brewing inside of me. I have this deep yearning within that demands greater change, to some extent, even excitement in my life. For someone who tags her self-worth to her accomplishments, University life has thrown me completely off balance. There is always someone out there who is prettier, brighter and more successful and I am reduced to a heap of fumbling mess. 
But still, I feel that releasing my moods and emotions is necessary for me. 

Always give and forgive 

I'll admit that I am a tardy person with much inertia that prevents me from doing the right thing. Honestly, I am not sure if it has something to do with my psychological health, but i am going to take better care of my body and go for counselling during the holidays.

In my whole life, I feel that this inertia from within has prevented me from achieving greater things in life and forging closer bonds with those around me. Also, I might have disappointed a lot of people. Therefore, I should be treated and recover to be a better person. I hope to let go of all my emotional baggage as well.

Lastly, I should not take things for granted and put in more effort to excel in studies. Don't allow your mindset to hinder you from achieving greater things in your life. 

Discover new passions and hobbies. So during the holidays, I will commit myself to a start-up internship, pick up photography, and discover more of my passions and interests. 

I also have a bad habit of forming prior judgement of people and this loosely translates to me keeping them at an arm's length away. But still, still feels kinda difficult for me to connect to people emotionally. I don't know why. Trying to work on it, but boy its difficult!

Here's wishing that i'll be less critical of myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment