Saturday 2 February 2013

Memories

The past..... is almost like a distant memory to me now. I was back to my old primary school today, I sat in a corner under the starry night and thought about everything that has happened in my life. Friends i have made, teachers that thought me and all the fun and silly times i have experience in my important stage of growth. I am 14 this year .If you divide 14 by 2 it would give you 7. I remember being 7 years old, on orientation day to a new primary school. I was assigned to class 1.2. I was dressed up like a mini butterfly myself. with sleeves that spread out widely. That was a print  of a humongous, pink and beautiful butterfly on the front of my shirt and i was  also wearing pink shorts-skirts. My form teacher was Mrs Nancy Ho. She ask us to self-introduce and play musical chairs. It was a whale of time and i won one  round during musical chairs. I met a lot of new people but i am too shy to approach anybody.  The first year in primary school.I was still a plump little girl , curious, stunned yet excited for all that was to be unfold sooner or later.i was assigned to class 1.2.   Mrs  Ho was a  small, petite woman in her early 50s. She always wore a distinctive string of black pearls on her neck. She has a beautiful voice- comforting and melodious but could turn scary and threatening when she is mad.she developed my love for reading and in the English language. I vaguely remember once when i colored a butterfly on my test papers and was in turn reprimanded for not spending time wisely and effectively . I treated her like my second mother and keep her words in heart since i did not want to disappoint her and never repeated the same mistakes...







No comments:

Post a Comment